Wirral Roofcare Ltd. trading as Roofcare Ltd.
Roofcare Ltd. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement will inform you as to how we look after your personal data (including when you visit our website, regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Please use the Glossary at section 10 to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy statement.
Information and who we are
This privacy statement aims to give you information on how Roofcare Ltd. collects and processes your personal data (including through your use of our website) or when you for example, sign up to our newsletter or purchase one of our products.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy statement together with any other privacy statement or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy statement supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Roofcare Ltd. is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy statement).
Roofcare Ltd. is the controller and responsible for our website and holds information about customers and prospective customers to enable it to conduct its business, including holding and processing a minimal amount of personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy statement. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Roofcare Ltd.
Name or title of data privacy manager: Kate Kindlen (Office Manager)
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 30 Prenton Way, North Cheshire Trading Estate, Prenton, Wirral, CH43 3DU
0800 048 1001
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy statement and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 21st May 2018.
The data protection law in the UK will change on 25th May 2018. Although this privacy statement sets out most of your rights under the new laws, we may not yet be able to respond to some of your requests (for example, a request for the transfer of your personal data) until May 2018 as we are still working towards getting our systems ready for some of these changes.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every website you visit.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• • Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• • Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. If your business operates from home we may hold your residential/ postal address and personal contact telephone numbers for you too.
• • Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details and credit information when paying for invoices
• • Transaction Data includes details about payments for invoices
• • Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
• • Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
We may also collect, use and share data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose (Aggregated Data). Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as it data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• • Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, in person or otherwise. This includes personal data you might provide when you:
• • Request a quotation for roofing works
• • Contact us via our online chat profile
• • Give us some feedback.
• • Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• • Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• • Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• • Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below. Purpose/Activity Type of data Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer (a) Identity
(b) Contact Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us (a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications (a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include: (a) Identity (a) Performance of a contract with you